The Nutcracker, Sensory Friendly Performance
THE NUTCRACKER, SENSORY-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2017 10AM
We are thrilled to be able to offer a one-hour, special performance of The Nutcracker for children and adults, with autism spectrum disorder, sensory sensitivities, or other special needs. Welcoming to individuals with sensory, social and learning disabilities and their families, the performance will have special accommodations that create a more relaxed theater experience without losing the magic of a live performance. All tickets are $25.
Special accommodations at the theater will include:
- Reduced stage lighting
- Lower sound levels and avoidance of sudden loud or startling noises
- Increased lighting in the theater to make movement inside the theater easier
- Materials provided to parents and children before the show so they will know what to expect at the theater and on the stage
- Permitted use of pads or smart phones if that is a child's way of communicating
- Designated areas outside the main theater for those feeling overwhelmed and need a few minutes to self-regulate
- Specially trained ushers, staff and volunteers
- Relaxed house rules - feel free to get up, move around, and leave whenever you need to
- A judgment-free, accepting environment for all involved!
Seating for this performance is General Admission, so you can pick what works best for your family. Please contact us with any questions on content, ticketing, or group sales - email@example.com or (315) 487-4879.
Plan Your Theater Experience
Run Time: Approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, without intermission
Arrival Time: The theater lobby opens at 9:00am
Parking and Directions: There are several parking options available for the Crouse Hinds Theater. We recommend using the convenient Marriott Syracuse Downtown Parking Garage. See their parking map & location here.
Social Stories: Use our Social Stories to prepare the whole family for what to expect when heading to the theater and when watching the show! This is a wonderful way to introduce the theatrical experience and give all those in attendance a better idea of what to expect
A special thank you to the Autistm Theatre Initiative and M&T Bank, for making this performance a possibility.
For more information please visit www.tdf.org/autism